Monday, May 25, 2009

Flowers for a Very Special Lady: Part 2

On the day of the party, I woke up extra early to make the rest of the floral arrangements. First things first was the corsage. I was pretty proud of my work but cause I was in such a hurry, I forgot to take a picture of it. I thought I was pretty ingenious on hiding a little bruised spot on one of petal with the little sprigs of pink flowers. But I have no picture to show for it. Oh well, I am sure something will come up later..I hope.

The other surprise that I wanted to do for the party was to wrap a small little flower and place it on each table setting. After an hour of work and only 10 made....I was forced to scrap the idea. The party was expecting 40 table settings so even putting a flower on every other setting was going to create permanent cramping in my fingers. Why did I not take a picture!?!?!?!?

So the only picture that I did take was the left over bouquet I took home. I would have loved to keep it for myself but I thought it be nice to bring it for work. I thought it be a nice surprise for all the people at work that were not able to attend the party.





I added all the left over flowers I had at home and placed it in a glass square vase. I didn't want to show the stems so it used big leaves and covered the side of the vase. It was a hit at work and really appreciate all the compliments. Yahhhh! I can't wait till I get to do another project next week. I will keep you posted and hopefully I will remember to be a shutter bug.

No comments: