Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's Like Riding a Bike, You Never Really Forget..Or Do you?

We got out to a near by ski hill tonight as part of a fundraiser for breast cancer. It was the perfect night as it was light out till about 8:00 pm and only a light breeze to cool ourselves. Of course, being the end of ski season, the snow was more like ice in certain parts. Nonetheless, it was fun, fun, fun.

As you can see, I was too good for my ski poles, which didn't matter much cause someone stole them. We had a really nice and patient ski instructor. She really got a good work out since she would ski up the hill to help the next contestant down the bunny hill. Then again, she is a ski instructor.

Right before we all lined up like good little children before the tow rope, some skier came crashing into me. Thankfully he stopped just in time. He was alright, everyone was alright. I kind of avoided him like the plague when I saw him in line for food.

There was a BBQ going on but unfortunately there were only hamburgers. As much as a nice juicy burger fills a hungry stomach, nothing (in my opinion) beats processed meat shaped like a log. Something about how ketchup and mustard (2:1 ratio) complements the mystery meat with a stale bun. I could go on about hot dogs all night long.

Agent Chorizo and I are wanting to get more into skiing next season. As we were roughly adding up how much it would cost for ski equipment, snowboarding was looking more reasonable. I think I will aim to be crowned bunny hill queen next season. All my subjects will be able to feast on delicious hot dogs after my coronation. Wait for your coronation invitation in the mail next year.

Mme. Chorizo

No comments: