Monday, March 2, 2009

New Favorite Food Blog

At the hospital cafeteria, there is this amazing spicy Thai chicken coconut rice soup that makes you decide that calories don't count during lunch hours. For the one cup of soup, it is so over priced but so worth the dime and nickel hunting in the staff lounge. Many people have asked where they can purchase the soup but for some reason Campbell's Soup company does not sell that particular soup because it is only sold commercially. C'est la vie.

So I searched the recipe on YouTube.com because I can not cook to save myself but I also don't want to starve. The food Gods must have pity on me cause Chef John had a video of the soup and other great recipes. Chef John also has a blog and an iTunes podcast. He makes a variety of pasta dishes, breads, desserts and give little tutorials on perfecting some common cooking techniques. Did you know the secret to poaching an egg is to add vinegar to the boiling salted water? I sometimes just watch his videos for fun cause his is also funny to boot.

And if you were wondering if I was able to recreate the soup, yes I did. I didn't cut myself in the process nor did I make a beeline to the bathroom. The only blunder was that I added all the rice to the 5-6 serving pot so the next day the soup became a stew. I told you I can't cook.

No comments: