Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Rare Sighting

Before:



After:



I always love to watch those cake decorating shows on Food Network and want to attempt decorating one myself. Found an opportunity tonight as a friend is coming over for lunch tomorrow. I made a 4 layer chocolate cake only cause I don't have a bigger plate to fit a 2 layer cake. And on top is suppose to be "crumb topping" cause there was so much leftover that I felt it was better to use it then to put it in my stomach. Since I didn't know how much whipping cream to buy, I bought the smallest amount and spread it as thin as possible. You can't tell in the picture but the cake is actually leaning a bit to one side. It is probably because I was too impatient to wait till it was cooled completely. So as I was covering it with whipping cream, I was pushing the layers back to place. We will see how the cream between the layers hold up tomorrow. With all the leaning and pushing, there is probably is only a micro layer left. Until tomorrow.

No comments: