Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Making of "Surprise!"

Late but some pics of all the flowers in my dining room.








Each bundle of roses were a dozen. Guess how many dozen roses was used in the surprise retirement party??????

22 dozen roses

Yup. 22 dozen which means 264 stems. You would think after handling a few roses I would get the hang of it but I still manage to cut myself. For you florists that are thinking of a different career path, try being a sale person for a band-aid company. Not kidding. ok.maybe a little.

When I went to one of the stores that day, you should have seen the look in the sales person's face. She was shocked that I wanted 22 dozen and NOW! But she pulled through for me. At first I wasn't sure if I ruined her day cause I bought possibility one half of her stock for the week or if I had made her day. Thank goodness it turned out to the be the latter. She told me that they got an extra shipment of roses that week and though they were going to throw out half cause they don't usually sell so many dozens in a week. Maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket that day. Since it seems our city has been on a winning streak. I hope I just didn't jinx our city. Anyways, in the end, I was happy, she was happy.

No comments: