Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Singing the Blues

As promised, the blue wedding of the season. Colors of the the peacock feathers are popping up occasionally this season. I would have loved to add other blue flowers but they are all out of season. Muscari would have added a touch of delicateness but I am still happy with how the bouquets turned out. The bride wanted simplicity and not too much "frills" so I hope I created what she had envisioned.

Lets start with the 4 bridesmaid's bouquets. They were round bouquets so I had lots of left over delphiniums. I saved them all at first but then I ended up throwing them all way. *sigh, sniff*. They don't like sitting in water for too long.


These were the 2 of the 4 flowergirl bouquets. I hope the little ladies like the ribbon tassels. I always wonder how the flowers for the little people look like after the wedding. Did mom and dad remove or "confiscated" them before they turned into a toy? I remember making a gerber daisy flower ball and it looked like a battered pinata at the end of the night.


Close-up of the stem wrap. The lace/tulle ruffles was inspired by her dress. She had similar type of ruffled on her dress.


The guys boutonnieres. Of course the one with the white ribbon was for the groom. I wish I could get the actual picture of the boutonniere on the groom as we found the pheasant feathers really pop when it was placed against black fabric.


This was actually the trial bouquet for the bride but I didn't have a better picture of the actual one. They look exactly the same except there were blue crisscross ribbons on the stem wrap. I convinced this bride to have a hand held bouquet to differentiate from her maids. She had the height and her a-line dress compliments the style.


Lastly, the corsages for the mommies. Delicate and simple.

No comments: