Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quilt Interuppted

This is the joint quilt project that is currently in progress.


This is the drawing of the quilt and it was done using a quilt planning program my partner found on the internet. I was planning to get the program too but cause I have a Macbook, it will cost me $100 USD. Yeah, no way.


My partner and I spend a good hour or two at the fabric store trying to find the best color coordination. I think we found the jackpot. It also made it easier that the recipient's favorite color is blue and yellow. The colors are traditionally country but I think we found a balance to not make it look centuries old.

For some reason, I made so many mistakes try to sew the second row. But I didn't make a mistake on any other rows? Go figure. Unfortunately, the last picture cut out the bottom of the quilt by one row. My cameraman was sleeping. But I assure you that the quilt is symmetrical and uniform all the way through, just like the drawing.

No comments: