Friday, November 5, 2010

Welcome Fall, But Not Ready For Winter-Sorry Old Man Winter

This was last month's little cooking project. I wanted to make/bake pumpkin cookies but with the real thing. Making pumpkin puree is not hard whatsoever but does it ever smell funny. Don't get me wrong. I love the smell of pumpkin cookies/pie in the oven but the smell of just pumpkins is not something I like to bottle it up.








The hard part was not scooping the flesh but it was the squeezing the extra water using cheese cloth. Gross. I can do without that part.

I used the puree for pumpkin cookies. They were a hit at work and with my dad! Love how moist the cookies came out. I tried 2 cookie recipes, one using butter and one using vegetable oil. I was hoping the one with vegetable oil would taste better but i guess nothing beats butter. The recipe using oil made it more cake like so I guess it depends on what you prefer.

After some expert advice, I guess the can stuff makes no difference on the taste. So now I can say I did it and we will have to see what my mood will be next year. If I have the energy, I might do it the old fashion way but I can not guarantee I won't be tempted by the can stuff.

No comments: