Monday, January 17, 2011

Up Coming Project

I showed a good friend of mine the last baby quilt I did and she loved it so much that she wants a quilt for herself. Since she asked me to make her a quilt and I just could not think of anything else. Her only request is vibrant colours. Very fitting for this girl! So I did a little web surfing and found the perfect color inspirations.

This collection of fabrics is designed by Amy Butler called Soul Blossom. Beautiful! This collection of fabric was photographed by Red Pepper Quilts. Rita from Red Pepper Quilts definitely has an eye for colour coordination.



Then I printed off the picture and went fabric shopping. Honestly, how desperate was I to go to the fabric store as it has not stopped snowing for the last 12 hours. I got in my car and drove through it and circled the fabric shelves hours on end. This is what I came up with. Some of the fabrics where from the fat quarter pile I made awhile back but I thought it worked well. The colours that are missing are gold, red, yellow and maybe more lavender and light pink.


The pattern are not as bold and dramatic as the original fabric collection but I think this can also work. I hope she likes what I found.

No comments: