Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Going to be a Long Week

So if you know anything about Chinese New Year, half of it is all about the mass clean up before the big day. It is a tradition to clean your whole house and belongings. Once it is new year, you can not do any cleaning. A tradition based on superstition or not, it is probably something to keep. It's nice to come home to a clean and organized home.

I thought I share my newly organized and cleaned sewing corner. This was suppose to be my other half's personal area in the house. It was suppose to be his hide-out/office/"man-cave". But I somehow shimmied my way in and got half of the space. See how nice and organized it is. I assure you it won't look like this by next week.


This is my bookcase that houses all the up coming projects, projects in works and extra fabrics. Sometimes I think it is more dangerous to get extra shelving and containers cause then it just gives you more space to buy more fabrics or other things to fill the space with.


Now this last picture is important. It's just a close-up of my sewing desk. Do you see something missing. Yes! That's right, my sewing machine. I took my machine for a quick service/tune-up, since it was sounding quite loud and squeaky when ever I was using it. I thought I best get it serviced before it breaks down on me in the middle of quilting. That is why this week is going to be quite slow. I have to keep myself entertained by reading quilting books and blogs, but I can tell you it is getting harder and harder. I really miss my sewing machine. Come back soon!

No comments: