Sunday, April 3, 2011

Halfway Point

I sewed a black border on the front of the quilt and I hope you agree that all quilts need a border to finish it off.




We are half way done as I just finish the back of the quilt. I don't know why but as I was huffing and puffing last night, I realize I always forget to plan the back when I shop for fabric. I don't want to make a novel out of this post so I will save you the pain of reading all the roadblocks I encountered to get to this point. I posted two problems yesterday but seriously, I had more then 5. When it's after 8:00 p.m. and you have been working on the quilt for more then 3 hours straight, huffing and puffing seems appropriate.

As you can see, the extra bento box blocks didn't make the cut and a new fabric was added. The extra blocks will be used for couch cushions. It was just going to be more complicated if I added the blocks to the back instead of using a large piece of material.


I hope to go shopping tomorrow and get a big piece of batting so I can finally start to quilt the pieces together.

No comments: