Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baked Goodenss in a Jar

I have to admit, I always loved anything sweet. So when I stumbled upon "cake in a jar" it reminded me of dry cake mix stored in glass jars that make great gifts.


The whole idea of cake in a jar is you take the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients but pour batter back into the jar to use as a baking container. So then you end up with a small 1/2 pint jar of sweet baked goodness.

Lately, my mind has been on business mode. So won't it be great if I had baking/cooking skills so I can bank on the "cake in a jar" idea. I don't think I would want to sell cake in a 1/2 pint jar cause I personally could not just have one little jar of cake. Which means I would have to find something to put in the little jars after. I would love it if I could create dry mix ingredients for healthy breakfast muffins, biscuits, cakes and other delicious baked goods. Then after you can expand that into savory dishes like soups or stews. The soup idea was from a vendor at the farmer's market I saw a couple years ago. Maybe I will visit the market this weekend and see if the vendor is still there.

I know it is basically buying dry cake mix from the supermarket, but can you get mixes like pumpkin spice cake or banana bread, herb biscuits, etc? My mouth is watering just thinking of all the different kinds of baked goodness you can be put in a jar. I would love to give Betty Crocker a run for her money.

Quilt update: Took a little break cause this weekend was required for the mass clean up before Chinese New Year. I did get a new rotary cutter as my last didn't even last me till the quilt was done. But I assure you that I have not stopped thinking about locking myself in the craft room and sew to my heart's content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay baking and chinese new year! we're going to check out the vancouver end celebrations this year.