Saturday, January 3, 2009

Gourmet Pizza Night

Happy New Year everyone! I hope Santa brought all you wanted for the holidays or at least you got some bargains during Boxing Day sale. It has been too cold to do anything for the last 3 weeks. All I could think about was what food I could have that would warm me up. Your usual soups and stews came to mind but Agent Chorizo was craving for pizza. When is he not craving pizza?!!? So I gave in (since I am not a fan of pizza). We went to Costco and got these whole wheat flat bread and got a few ingredients to make our own gourmet pizzas.

I opted for greens, feta cheese (herb and garlic flavor) and onion on one flat bread. While the other I had artichoke, onions, turkey keilbasa and mozzarella. Agent Chorizo's pizza also had the greens and feta cheese while the rest was turkey keilbassa, onions and mozzarella.



On my pizzas, I put a very tasty spinach and cheese pasta sauce but Agent Chorizo wanted the good old fashion pizza sauce. I must have put too much sauce cause it still seemed to be too moist. Other then that, it turned out well. (I still don't like pizza) but Agent Chorizo was one happy boy.

Maybe this will inspire some gourment cooking while we slowly thaw our way out of this deep frezze. If I am crazy enough again, maybe we will try puting chorizo sausages on our next pizza adventure.

No comments: