Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mini Vacation

Just came back from Calgary. The city and the mountains never cease to amaze me with so many new things to see and do.

One of the first things I did was go to the Calgary Farmer's Market. We bought a bag of mini potatoes that 3 different varieties; purple, white and red. We also bought a bag of bell peppers that also had the 3 varieties in it. For lunch it was all Greek to me as I tried the stuffed eggplant with potatoes and a Greek salad on the side. It was delicious. You can never go wrong with Greek food.



That night we bbq our food finds. I cut up the potatoes, seasoned them with oregano and roasted them in the oven. We got a little more adventurous with the peppers cause we skewered them with chucks of deer meat. Oh so delicious! To top off our bbq, we also bbq'ed fresh pineapples drizzled with honey. Some how we found room in our bellies and walked over the "My Favorite Ice Cream Shop" and had a scoop or 2 of ice cream each. Green Tea flavored ice cream is a tried and tested flavour that always satisfy my sweet tooth.

Now for my favorite part about visiting Calgary; the mountains. The first 2 pics were taken in Kananaskis county. This is the Elbow river at various points.





A mountain trip is never complete until you have climbed a mountain. My choice of climbing is by car. Nonetheless, the view is breath-taking.



Isn't this sign just so comforting.


On route to the top.


Town of Canmore


I can't wait to go back. Hopefully the next time will be to see the fireworks festival in Calgary.

No comments: