Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Addition to the Family







We've been wanting to get more fishes in our biggish freshwater tank. Somebody wanted to get one of those magnetic glass cleaners to deal with the algae problem (I won't say who). So instead of getting such an unsightly magnet, we got ourselves a live fish that would deal with the problem.

As I am watching him in the tank while I am typing, he is amusing us with his reversing abilities in the tank. Moving forward, backwards, side ways along the walls and the ground.

He is not as graceful as our other fishes but I am hoping he will start cleaning the tank. The cardinal tetras were the first to check him out as they also prefer the bottom level of the tank. I don't think he really liked that. By the way, his name is Francis.


Francis says "Hi".

No comments: