Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas Party Centrepieces Preparations

It's that time of the year again. Christmas is just around the corner and I have an up coming project as requested by work. I am so excited! Who am I kidding, I am excited for every project I get to do.

My vision for this year is mostly purple and green. Some people are giving me funny looks when I say purple but just look around the stores. Shades of purple is sprouting here and there. I am sure every girls got a orchid colored t-shirt or a lavender dress shirt for the guys. It's the new "pink" if you will for the guys.

The party is not till another week but I am not going to pull an all nighter like my last big project. I guess it doesn't really count if you sleep till noon the next morning. So I am getting a head start and getting all the containers ready. Each table will have 3 hat boxes that will have the lid tilted to one side and all the Christmas greens and flowers spewing out the other side. Much like the one I did for a co-worker that had hot pink gerbers and pink roses.

Before


If you are wondering if I got the containers from Ikea, you guessed right. They are perfect size and price. Maybe I was a designer for Ikea in my past life because that is the only way I can explain my obsession..i mean fascination with Ikea.

After (minus the flowers of course)


So far I got the go ahead for 9 tables (up to 15 tables). The red and gold berry like ornaments will be added to the arrangements later. I will have the 2 smaller hat boxes elevated higher so it will give it more depth. I hope the venue will have enough tea lights to brighten the tables. As you can see, I got one table done, which means 8 more sets to do.

No comments: