Monday, December 21, 2009

Centrepiece for a Winter Wedding

I had another wedding flower request last month for a wedding in December. However, this was not your typical wedding flower request. I was only asked to make a table arrangement. No small posy or body flowers were required. Oh well..happy to do any floral arrangement.

Never did talk directly to the bride to be, only through forwarded emails. She was not particular about color or flowers except no roses. I have to admit, she has to be the first girl who does not like roses. She also didn't want any winter greens. So this is what I came up with.

Since bride to be was not particular of colors or flowers, I chose one of my favorite color combos. Purple, red, white and light green. Purple mokara orchids are always the perfect intensity of purple without it being over powering. I would have gone for a more "fire engine" red asiatic lilies but i think it has enough pink hues to blend well with the mokaras. If I could have used roses, I would have put mini white roses instead of alstromerias. But alstromerias will never disappoint. The picture doesn't show the red stripes in the alstromerias but it ties into the red tulips and the reddish hues in the lilies.

That top lily bud had a weird curve to one of the petals. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.





Back view

I had planned this elaborate weaving of the tulips in the back but the boxwood covered it all. I didn't plan to use boxwood to cover up the foam but there were no ming fern at the store. And this boxwood variety was not very nice to work with. It was not as full and very thin stems.

Top view

You can see the bells of Ireland more clearly in this picture. I pulled some of the blooms off the stem to show more of the stem. I really want to do this arrangement again but with the flowers I want. However, I might try a different color scheme. Maybe purple, blue, red and white and minus magnolia leaves.

Enjoy!

No comments: