Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last Years Christmas Arrangements

I am slow with my posts but I think this beats the rest. These were done last winter but I think they are still nice to see again.


I wanted to take this one home with me because this arrangement would have looked very different. The forsythia, mini roses and acacia were all in bud form. In a few days, the roses would have opened and the acacia would turn into tiny yellow fluff balls that have to aromatic scent hard to forget. I guess only people without allergies to pollen apply here.


With the winter flower rush, lots of time pincushion proteas have one side crushed. But I found this perfectly formed protea that takes centre stage. I have to admit but I forgot what the name of the silver balls are called. Will get back to you on that one.


I think this one would make a lovely piece on a side hall table or by itself on a large empty dining table. The branches seems to command your attention to come give it a closer look. And you would find delicate green cymbidiums buried in with green leucadendrons within the magnoila leaves and red berries.


Last but not least, yellow mokaras with yellow roses and green cymbidiums. White star of bethlehem, silver bells and winter greens finish the rest.

Winter is a busy time for flowers but I have to admit that I can do without all the sap. At the end of the day my hands is all black. You can forget about nice nails, let alone clean nails. Guess it's a good thing that it is only once a year.

Enjoy!

No comments: