Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby Quilt #2 Takes Precedence

I was getting closer and closer to finishing quilt #1 but change in plans. I just found out baby # 2 just rescheduled the baby shower to this coming weekend so I have just under a week to get it done. The quilt is the same design but just different color.

Let me tell you how much trouble it was to get the fabric for the borders and the back. When you first look at the colors, you see lots of pinks, greens, light yellow and baby blue. But when you put the fabric to other similar color, you find out the colors are those really hard to match palette. The pink now is more of a salmon color, green is now olive-like, blue is somewhere between electric blue and teal and the yellow will look dull if it is matched with the wrong yellow. So after an hour at one store and an hour at another, here is the final decision. The pic shows more pink hues but it is this soft celery color with a hint of hot pink. I know, I would have my head cocked if I hear all this color but look at the results. The "stacking coins" strips are the centre stage and that is what I was hoping for all along.



Clock is ticking, I better get working.

No comments: