Monday, January 4, 2010

I was Bored This Weekend

I was lucky to have a very long weekend this week so this gave me lots of time to do something productive. And no...house work is not productive.

I remember that a friend just had a baby last month and I hope to visit her this month. I thought I would make her little one a baby blanket too. Since I learned how to make a quilt, I find any opportunity to sew. But somehow I was distracted and made a tote before I started on the quilt.
I can't wait to use it later this week when I go to work.



For you serious quilter, you can see it didn't completely quilt the pink section. I was lazy but I thought it was also nice to see a break in the diagonal quilt lines.


I had to take a pic of the button cause I deliberately went to the fabric store to get these $0.98 buttons. But they were worth it. Perfectly pink, perfectly girly and it had flowers on it too!



Oh yes....back to the original plan. Baby girl blanket.

No comments: