Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Modern Trophy

I took inspiration from a picture I stumbled a few weeks back and made my own spin. The arrangement was a big flower ball of hydrangeas and roses but it had anthuriums and tulips flowing down on side and almost wrapping around the stem of the vase. To tell you the truth, I was going to do the same thing but my anthuriums were too straight and snapped. On to plan B.




There were suppose to be purple anthuriums and purple veronicas flowing out of the flower ball and wrap around the stem of the vase. Instead of leaving out the veronicas, I just incorporated them inside and underneath the flower ball.


Lovin' the spray roses. They are dark pink with light pink in a strip and splatter pattern. No artificial spraying, just a really cool variety. There is a variety in red that is very popular during valentine's season. Unfortunately, i can't remember the name.



After working briefly at a floral wholesale company, I pretty much hated gerbers and carnation and spray poms. I think it was how those flowers were used in arrangements. All the same look and didn't show how the flowers could be used differently. Somewhere, somehow, someone showed how carnations bunched together can make to look like hydrangeas. We all love hydrangeas but why do they cost an arm and a leg? Anyways, hydrangeas are only available during summer season, but carnations are year round and come in so many colors of the rainbow. I love you hydrangeas but you are going to ride in the back for now. My eyes are on you, carnations.

As for the rest of the flower ball, it was made up of purple poms, larkspur, larkspur buds, mini pink gerbers, spray roses and orbiting lily grass.

No comments: