Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Can you Do the CanCan?

My parent's apple tree exploded and I am challenged to find new and tasty apple recipes.

Recipe # 1: Apple Chutney

This is my first time canning. (By the way, it doesn't count if you helped your mom make raspberry jam when you were younger). Just saying.


I didn't add the making of the chutney process cause it was messy. And to be totally truthful, the batch you see is the 2nd batch cause I accidentally doubled the ginger amount. The recipe was for almost 22 cups of chutney so I halved the recipe. I halved every ingredients but didn't for the ginger. When I tasted the first batch, the ginger was so strong that before I tasted the sauce, the ginger scent was going down my throat.





The best part was hearing the "ping" of the lid when they vacuum seal itself after boiling the cans. And to top it off, they all stayed sealed in the morning. YAH!!!


Just the finishing touches for the pretty little jars. I used the left over paper that I recently used for the wedding card and some green ribbon in the ribbon stash.

No comments: