Monday, November 1, 2010

$20 Project

After we had finally finished painting the hallways (don't ask about the bathrooms or the bedroom), we wanted to make the house more of a home. We have artwork picked out but that is another project another day. There was always talk about possibly putting plants in our house but what do we want. I'm better at the cut stuff but not when it comes to nurturing the actual plant. So we did some research and thought a terrarium would be a good start. Very little watering requirements and plants that don't need direct sunlight. Sounds good to me.


All the supplies were less then $25. Ikea, dollar store Home Depot and Home Sense never fail me. Home Sense has become one of my favorite stores.


The plants we chose are maiden hair fern, club moss and some tropical leaves that added some colors. Maiden hair fern is one of my favorite green leaves that I would love to incorporate in my arrangements. Something about them is so feminine and lush.


I couldn't take pics while I made the little terrarium or else I still be busy getting all the dirt out of the camera.


Close-up. I hope to take some pics as I see growth in the jar. Crossing my fingers that I don't kill this thing.

No comments: