Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Left My Heart Back In San Francisco

This is one of the best vacations I ever went on. I have always wanted to go to San Francisco but no specific reason. I finally went just this past September long weekend with 3 other girlfriends. It was the best time ever. We still talk about it every now and then. It was the perfect group size and perfect weekend to get a taste of San Francisco. Here are some pictures of our fabulous weekend.


Eerily quiet as we approached the famous prison. But it was one of the best tours we went on. So informative and well organized.

The famous cell that housed one of the prisoners that broke out.


This is the kitchen and mess hall. There was a board in the kitchen that outlined the knives used so it was an easy and quick reference to see which knife was missing. For some reason that didn't solve the problem of knives growing feet. The mess hall was equipped with tear gas outlets. There were to be used if there as ever a riot during meal time.


Our first stop to a famous restaurant made famous by the Food Network Show, "Diner's Drive-ins and Dives". We got up early and waiting in line for 45 minutes but it was worth the wait. Watching the owner/head cook and his sous chef cook was such a treat. They maneuvered around that 3 feet by 2 feet area with such grace and purpose.


Can't miss this part of San Fran. The tour guides informed us that tourism is the largest industry in San Francisco. It beats finance and parking fees. I guess parking is not something they like to highlight.


The fog was rolling in from the north so we couldn't see the tops of the bridge towers. That was one of the coldest and longest ride to the north side (to Sal Sausalito).


This is Sal Sausalito. My future home. I thought the fog would have covered this little town but because the town is in the bottom of the valley, the fog just rolls over. San Francisco was around 15 degrees Celsius but Sal Sausalito was at least 10 degrees warmer. We drove pass this building on the outskirts of the town. It has been the site of many restaurants that have tried and fail. I told the girls we are going to buy that building and start our own restaurant. Or better yet, start a bed and breakfast.


I can't remember what the name of this tall building is but the tour guides told us that the top part is used for storage of extra boxes.


I miss you Tiffany.


I think we were the only people on the tour bus that under stood the significance of these houses. The other people just thought they were pretty but it brings back fun memories of watching "Full House".


I didn't know Popsicle sticks originated in San Francisco. This was part of the bread museum while we waited for our table.




Cioppino. YUM! Seafood stew with tomato base. It's a foodie's paradise down there. So much in so little time.


Chinatown for all our souvineur needs.


Busy, busy, busy.


Since coming back, I have been begging to go back. I was opting to go back this November since there was a seat sale. But I was told there were more important things that need our attention. Yeah, so what if the bills need to be paid? So what if our main door has gaps that is letting in cold air and is spiking our heating bill. And I thought I get away with a sale option. I promise San Francisco that I will be back again and it will be longer then a weekend.

No comments: