Monday, November 15, 2010

Secret Christmas Present Project 1 of 3

It was madness at Fabricland this weekend. Mind you, they had a "Madness Sale" for members this weekend but I haven't had to wait in line as long as Christmas sales. I think it was probably about 35-45 minutes in line to pay. Enough of my complaining. Let me show you what I bought.

Patterns were only $1.99. The pattern on the right is for our future dog. I know, that is so cheesy and my mom will probably say it is a waste of money. So please don't tell her. And the dress, why not. It was pretty.


Now to the main thing I going for. Last month I had made myself one of theses jackets (shorter one)to wear around the house. The pattern doesn't call for lining but I made a lining and sandwiched it with quilt batting. Oh so warm. I love the natural cotton quilt batting since it is so breathable and doesn't feel heavy. I love it so much I think I will make 2 of the same jackets for some special ladies in my life.


These fabrics will be for the first jacket. A very Oriental feel.

These fabric will be for the second jacket. More country look but vibrant.


Step 1: pin pattern to fabric and cut.
Step 2: Tomorrow as it is time to go to bed.

No comments: