Friday, December 10, 2010

Shopping Therapy





I couldn't help it. Fabricland sent me a flyer of their current sale. For me not participating would mean I have no means of being creative. And I am sure they don't want that.

I plan to make 2 packs of fat quarters. Can you believe all this was less than $35. I figure if Walmart sells a fat quarter for $2 each, then you have to beat them by finding fabric less then $7. This way, each quarter you cut out will be less then $2 each. I think I am so smart but I really hope my math is correct. So each fabric I found was $6.30/meter or less. Some were even $4 for a meter. Oh how I love a good sale find. I find that is what gives me the endorphins to keep shopping. So how I can't convince my wallet to grow with more sale finds.

I am sure I drove the lady at the store crazy. I would bring her 5-6 bolts of fabric 3 different time and only ask for half a meter each. So much writing for so little fabric. I had to restrain myself as I didn't even go into the other colors. I think the reds, yellows, greens were disappointed that I didn't pick them. I really was going to buy more but I set a limit for myself today. Seriously, if I didn't, I would have a small quilt fabric store in my sewing room.

I love that the big chain fabric store always cut more then you ask. That means I will have some scraps left over for a massive postage stamp quilt that I have been saving for awhile. I have been saving every scrap fabric and cutting it into 1 inch squares so I can create this kaleidoscope of a quilt. We will see how it will turn out as it is so many colors are involved. I will have to show another time.

I will have to get cutting and packaging the fat quarter squares like the companies. And I will have to come up with a catchy name to name my color collection. Then find a pretty ribbon to tie it up.

No comments: