Wednesday, January 26, 2011

From 100km/hr to 5km/hr

It is a complete 180 degree turn around from the speed I was making the last finished baby quilt. Even though I was excited about the new stack of fabrics on my table, it was been hard to maintain a rhythm with anything I am sewing these days. I didn't even finish cutting all the pieces needed for the top piece, but I am sewing some ofthe pieces to make the "Bento Box" pattern.



I was going to mix and match the 4 pieces to make the box but it just didn't come out as nice. I ended up following the original pattern and just alternate the 2 opposing pieces. I think it looks much better and the eyes are not as cross-eyed from the mishmash of colours and patterns. You can see each fabric pattern more clearly and emphasized with neighbouring fabrics.

Love the first 2 boxes; cool and refreshing with floral femininity.

No comments: