Saturday, January 22, 2011

Preoccupied!

It has been awhile since I have touched the twin's quilts. I am really stuck. I want to do a different quilting design on it but I just can't get it. I even got a new sewing foot to do machine quilting but it's not something you learn over night. It's all pinned and lines are drawn but I just don't have the motivation. Ok. I know why I don't have the motivation. I am preoccupied but the stack of pretty fabrics sitting on the side.


Well honestly, there is only one way to battle the procrastination. Put the "not so interesting" project on the side and do what is more interesting. So I did. I ended up just adding one more fabric to the collection to make 20. It was the gold colour fabric with little red flowers that I used for one of the house coats. I seperated the fabrics into groups of 2 because I am planning to make a bento box quilt and each square is made up of 2 different colour fabrics.


When I looked at the stack of fabrics, I organized them in the rainbow spectrum. I for sure didn't want to make the quilt into a rainbow quilt. I am sure that is not what she wants. I know she would rather it be a mishmash of colours. Despite it being a mishmash, there is still some coordination. This is what I came up with.


Off to work or a few hours and this is what I have so far.

Each square is quite big. Sixteen inches by sixteen inches. Then you cut each of it in quarters and exchange it for a different quarter. So far I have made 4 different squares of different colours. When you are happy with the exchange, you sew it all back up. I don't think I will sew one of the squares back in this order as I am not crazy about the colour scheme. I have 6 more squares to sew up so I will be back again.

No comments: