Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Weakness

I was to go to the fabric store tomorrow with my friend to make another quilt for another co-worker. But I could not resist and went today just cause it was "on the way". Ok, not really but if you tell yourself something over and over again, you believe it was true. I was planning to make a large quilt for the living room using the same "bento box" pattern as the last quilt I made. It was suppose to be black, white, grey and red colour scheme but there was very little red fabric on sale. Yes, I only buy fabric on sale cause I don't believe to spend over $10 per meter. Only because you can find good quality fabrics for less. So why spend so much when a little patience can give you more to spend.

Anyways, here is what I found. I want to find a few more swatches but I think I will resist and just use what I got. I can't wait to start on this quilt, however, I should finish the twins' quilts before I start anything.



Something else beautiful I found. I thought this pink floral fabric would be an option for our friend and use it toward the next collaborated quilt. The recipent's favourite colours are pinks and reds. Doesn't matter if we use it or not, cause I definitely can find a project for this beauty. Or I can just hang it and just stare at it. The greens are a little grey but I assure you they are vibrant and lively.


I can't wait till we go fabric shopping tomorrow and I can come back and show you what we find.

No comments: