Saturday, December 13, 2008

Early Christmas Present

So guess who was at my door this morning?! The UPS delivery man. He dropped off a big box for me today. Inside was this lovely handbag that I had requested for Christmas. It's so big so I can fit a lot of junk inside. For you PETA supporters, don't read the following. The darker parts of the bag is leather and I love the smell of new leather. There's only a little bit so it's not so empowering like walking into a leather goods store. The light brown/tan parts are made from cardboard. Yes, cardboard. It's some heavy duty cardboard and with more wear and tear, it will have a really nice distressed look to it. I can't wait to use it tomorrow when i go out. 8)

So since I got my Christmas present today, I let Special Agent Chorizo to have his too. I made him a chair cushion cover with one of his favorite characters from the Super Mario Games Series.

I have been working on this since this Monday. There was some sneaking around so he would not know what I was doing. But I think it was well worth the effort. I think he really likes it cause he asked me to make another one but with different colors so he can alternate between the covers.

I got this idea from seeing quilt projects with video game graphic posted on various websites.
See if you recognize some of the characters.



It's crazy what some of them have come up with. But I think they can come up with so many different styles and idea because the image is pixelated. A pixelated image is very easy to convert into a quilt pattern as it is about sewing little blocks of fabric together. So for someone who is looking to try something different or their hand at quilting. Mario game images is a great place to start.

Plug in your cars, fellow Edmontonians, it's suppose to dip below -20 tonight and tomorrow. Oh how I wish I was on some warm beach somewhere.


Mme. Chorizo

No comments: