Monday, September 27, 2010

Who's the Cutest Pumpkin?



I don't know why but I have been on a cooking frenzy. I made cabbage rolls yesterday but with chicken gravy instead of tomato sauce. The sauce needed more flavour but the inside was surprisingly decent. I didn't take any pics cause I was worry it would not come out right.

I am planning to make some eggplant croquette/patties later this week and make my own pumpkin puree, hence the pumpkin pic. Just to let you know, I have been waiting almost 2 weeks for pumpkins to be on sale at the store. This pumpkin obsession started cause some girls at work want to put on a "pie party". Each person is to bring in a different pie for the party for this coming weekend. So I was researching on how to make one of my favourite pies, pumpkin pie. However, I think I won't try a pumpkin pie for this weekend. I want to save the pumpkin puree for cookies and a cake roll. Mmmmmmm! I want to make a rustic tart filled with pears, pecans, caramel and brie. We will see how that turns out. I remember eating a grilled chicken sandwich with brie and apples and it was one of the best things I ever ate. Wish me luck!

No comments: