Thursday, December 16, 2010

California or Bust?

Tomorrow is the Christmas lunch at work and I was contemplating what to bring or to bring anything at all. This really wasn't suppose to be so hard if I could use my car. The car is working but the roads are another issue. We had a big dump of snow today and the roads have yet to be cleared. Waiting patiently but they better have done something by the time I have to work in the afternoon.

Anyways, back to the original problem. There is a limited amount of food in the house so I have to make something with what I have. Savoury dish or sweet dessert? Silly question for me. Of course the latter. Here is my attempt to make chocolate cream cheese brownie bites. The recipe was not all that hard. Pretty easy but not sure about the end product.




As soon as I mixed the cream cheese ingredients, I knew this was not going to come out as it should. It was so runny. I halved the cream cheese recipe cause I knew I was no going to make so much. It came out with gravy consistency but I am sure it should be quite thick like meringue. Oh well. Tried my best.





As you can see, the cream cheese was more like icing to the thick brownie batter.

I'm sure it will be fine but definitely need work in the presentation department.

No comments: